Farmers Market – Open Tuesdays and Saturdays
1006 Peachtree Street in Rocky Mount
SATURDAYS from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
TUESDAYS from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Reach out to vendors to pre-order!
Concession stand is now open on Saturdays.
Featuring Local Produce, Homemade Baked Good, Seafood and Meats, Flowers and Personal Care Products
See list below of participating vendors and what you can expect to find at the market this first week.
Hello Summer! Seasonal Produce
is in at the market!
It is peak season for watermelon. Stop by and pick up some fresh, just picked, juicy and sweet watermelon!
Plus local, summer, Got To Be NC grown produce is available at the market right now. Just in time for all your summer recipes.
“According to guidance from the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, farmers markets fall under the same classification as grocery stores and are considered an important source of food for local communities.”
– The N.C. Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
NCDA&CS stated the farmers markets that choose to operate during the coronavirus outbreak are required to follow the same federal or state orders given to grocery stores. Therefore, the Nash County Farmers Market is working with our local public officials and Nash County Health Department to implement safety measures to help prevent the spread of coronavirus. Opening the market, provides our community access to local foods while supporting our local agriculture community.
Safety Measures We Are Taking
We are following the recommendations from NCSU Food Safety for Farmers Markets. Please be assured we will continue to assess the situation and adjust accordingly.
- Sanitizing stations will be available throughout the market.
- All vendors will be spaced apart to allow for social distancing.
- Concession stand, sampling and onsite food and drink consumption has been suspended.
- On-site dining spaces have been eliminated.
- Frequent cleaning and sanitizing of market equipment.
- Face masks are required.
Here’s How You, As a Patron, Can Help
- Come to market in good health.
- Utilize hand sanitizing stations at the start and end of your visit to the market and refrain from touching your face.
- Avoid touching the produce and products you do not intend to buy.
- Allow vendors to bag your purchases. Many items will be pre-packaged and pre-priced for convenience.
- Practice social distancing – stay 6 feet away – in and around the market.
- Get in, get out and get home! Social distancing means that you won’t be able to stand around and chat with your favorite vendor for half an hour.
- Only one customer at a vendor’s booth at a time. To protect them, please refrain from bringing children to the market if at all possible.
- Pre-order your purchases – see list below.
- Wash all produce before consumption.
Here’s A Listing of Current Vendors
All of the vendors below may not be at the Market every Tuesday or Saturday. We suggest that you reach our to the vendor directly to make sure they will be there when you plan to visit the market. Also take advantage of pre-ordering, farm or off-site pickup, and even delivery service by contacting the vendor(s) directly. Curbside pickup will also be an option.
List is subject to change.
3 STARS KETTLE CORN
Kettle corn Original (sweet and salty), Cheddar cheese, Caramel, and Caramel and apple. Also fried pork skins and flour chips.
252.299.1142 l 3StarsKettleCorn.com l 3StarsKettleCorn@gmail.com
BARNES ORGANIC BLUEBERRIES
Organic Blueberries, Apples and Walnuts – call for what’s available this week
252.903.5620 l GrannySewMB@gmail.com
BRANTLEY’S HOME NURSERY
919.269.8476 l Brantley’s Home Nursery – Facebook
CEDAR ROCK FARM
Full variety of seasonal produce and eggs – call for what’s available this week.
252-813-7312 l email@example.com
Pound Cakes and Baked Goods
252.822.2502 l Farm 1837 – Facebook
FARM TO TABLE PRODUCE and FLOWERS
Pecans and Honey
FISHING CREEK FLOWER FARM
Cut Flowers and Arrangements
252.823.1542 l firstname.lastname@example.org l Fishing Creek Flower Farm – Facebook
H & R PRODUCE
Full variety of seasonal produce – call for what’s available this week.
252.236.8291 l Terry@H-RProduceInc.com
Pecans and Honey
HS HOWELL FARMS
Produce Boxes, Full variety of seasonal produce – call for what’s available this week. Flowers, Fudge, Candies, Jams and Jellies and Biscuit and Bread Mixes
919.868.1391 l HSHowellFarms.com l HSHowellFarms@att.net
JAN’S BROWN TURKEY FIGS
Brown Turkey Figs
252.230.0512 l JanMurrayMills@gmail.com
NOWELL FAMILY FARM
252-230-1176 l AMurrayMusic@hotmail.com
OOH LA LA SKIN CARE
Body Butter, Sugar Scrubs, Soaps, Lip Balm and Bath Bombs
407-476-7717 l DoUOohLaLa.com l OohLaLaSkinCare@DoUOohLaLa.com
SARAH’S BAKED GOODS
Pork and Eggs
252.343.5229 l AmyOrmond18@gmail.com l Tri-O Farm – Facebook
As we continue to maintain our health through the power of natural foods, we encourage and thank those who support our local family farms and businesses.
PLEASE HELP US SPREAD THE WORD THAT WE ARE OPEN!
Become a Market Ambassador
Check out everything that’s been happening at the Market this past year! Watch Video
The United States of America Vietnam War Commemoration