Be a Farmers Market Ambassador?
Interested in Becoming a Market Ambassador?
Nash County Farmers Market is seeking volunteer seasonal Farmers Market Ambassadors to join our team. Ambassadors would serve as a welcoming face of the Market, promote the Market, coordinate and work closely with the Market Manager and other volunteers, engage with vendors and serve as a liaise with community partners. Volunteers would be expected to work at one of the Markets – Saturdays and Tuesdays – at two times per month
- Information Booth Operations
- Customer Relations
- Community Outreach and Education as needed
- Candidates should be friendly, organized and passionate about local foods.
- Candidates must be available to work at least two or more weekly scheduled market days during the season. Market hours on Saturdays are 8:00 a.m.
to 1:00 p.m. April through December. Tuesday Market hours are from
4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. during June, July and August.
- Ability to work under pressure and in unconventional scenarios.
- Ability to multi-task and quickly adapt on the job.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a volunteer position, with hours varying according to market need and outreach schedules. No benefits are included.
If you are interested in becoming a Nash County Farmers Market Ambassador please contact Maurine Brown at 252.904.3250.
SATURDAYS – 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. – April through December
TUESDAYS – 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. – June, July and August