Extension Master Food Volunteer Program
Grow. Cook. Eat.
Application Opens is Monday, June 3, 2019
Application Deadline is Wednesday, July 31, 2019
Interview Date is Friday, August 16, 2019
Training Begins Thursday, September 5, 2019
Anyone interested in cooking, nutrition, food safety, or food systems can apply.
The NC State Extension Master Food Volunteer (EMFV) program provides North Carolina residents the opportunity to engage with their communities by supporting N.C. Cooperative Extension programming in the areas of nutrition, cooking, food safety, and food systems. N.C. Cooperative Extension provides evidence-based information through community classes and events.
Opportunities for Volunteer Service Include . . .
Food Demonstrations l Health Fairs l Cooking Classes
Farmers Market Demo l Program Assistance
What Is Expected?
- Complete the EMFV application and interview
- Complete mandatory 30 hours of training
- Communicate volunteer interest that suits your skill to your supervising agent
- Contribute 30 hours of shadowing your supervising agent within the first year of service
- Contribute 20 hours of server per year and 10 hours of continuing education
Registration Cost – $50